08 June 2007

The Synchronicity of Ducks

I am not going to get into the whole thing of whether stealing a duck is wrong - although my child did once pilfer a lipstick tester from Sephora when she was about a year old, and I discovered it when we were loading her back into the carseat, and let me tell you, I wasn't about to return that tester that didn't even have a cover on it - but MotherGooseMouse has now written the Ten Commanducks and I need to address #2, namely thou shalt not make for thyself a DUCK.

Because once upon a time, I did make a duck. While in college, with my roommate, and likely fueled by Bruce Springsteen and vodka. And I had completely forgotten about said duck, until I recently examined a box marked "treasures" in the closet of my room at my mother's house and discovered the duck (and a lot of strange detritus).

Here she is, in all her papier-mâché glory.

Coincidentally, I am about to get on the road and drive up to my 25th college reunion. Alas, my roommate is not going to be there. And I'm leaving the duck home to hold down the fort.

5 comments:

Maewen Archer said...

Thank you! That is the best response I've read to all this duck nonsense. Isn't there something in the Bible like "Go ye out and make a duck?" Or was that an ark? Whatever. I like your duck.

NotSoSage said...

That is an alarmingly well-made duck considering there was Springsteen and vodka involved. I'm impressed!

Scribbit said...

That title just cracked me up. Sounds like a great name for a rock band.

niobe said...

If it looks like a duck....

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the duck will take good care of things while you're gone. Have a good trip!