17 August 2007

Around and Around

What a week it's been.

On Sunday, Teryn dubbed me a Rockin' Blogger. It made my day when I found out about it on Monday - especially because I was home sick with some nasty cold/flu thing, and feeling enormously sorry for myself. Thank you, Teryn. My general sense of self doesn't really think I'm all that rockin', but hey, I'll take it! Maybe I'm cooler than I think I am. After all, I drive a stick shift, make my own granola, listen to Pink Martini and paint my toenails gunmetal gray. Interestingly, this Rockin' Blogger thing seems to have begun as a Rockin' Girl Blogger thing, until Oh, The Joys got a hold of it. So thank you, Oh, The Joys, for getting that girl stuff out. It's much cooler this way.

Then, yesterday, Slouching Mom gave me a Community Involvement Award for Schmoozing. That one got me all choked up. She is an angel of the blog world, dropping in and leaving astute, germane comments all about - you could indeed say she's faithful like she said of herself. Furthermore, she made the most lovely connection between The Velveteen Rabbit and the blogosphere - the comments make it Real, 'cause otherwise it's just writing in a vacuum. Thanks, SM. You're a mensch. And I'd say I want to be like you when I grow up, except that I've slouched past 40 by a few (six!) years.

And now for the awards:

To BOSSY, a Rockin' Blogger - because she is just beyond cool and too funny, and because she drives her teenage son around before dawn without coffee.

To Aurelia, a Schmooze - because she gives comfort and guidance to many many people struggling with infertility, and because she's going to schmooze her way into Canadian politics because she knows more than the legislators that she's up against.

And because it's Friday afternoon and it looks like rain, here's a sparkling, heartfelt, eternal thank you!

7 comments:

Antropóloga said...

I've actually never seen that clip before, though of course I've heard of it...

Antropóloga said...

Oh, and duh, congratulations!

Girlplustwo said...

perfect. i love this community of ours.

S said...

An angel! A mensch! I'm verklempt.

Congrats to you, rockin' blogger.

painted maypole said...

classic sally field. Fantastic

and congrats!

niobe said...

Congratulations on your well-merited awards! You rock out and schmooze with the best of them.

Aurelia said...

Congratulations on your award! And thank you so much for giving me one. It really does mean a lot; I'll think about it the next time I wonder if I have the guts to do any of this! :)