15 December 2007

A Different Pay It Forward

I've been furiously fabricating Christmas presents, which I can't discuss in any detail because all or most of the recipients read this here blog. (Hi!) Anyway, I'm on a roll, and I've got the supplies, so, when I saw Dawn's post this morning about a "Pay It Forward" homemade object exchange, I had to sign up.

So - the first 3 commenters to commit to doing a give away of something homemade will get something homemade from me.

“I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this Pay It Forward exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days, that is my promise! The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.”

For the first 3 people that respond I have a handmade thing that I’ll send you, sometime in January. Your job?

  1. Post a comment here and make sure I have (or can find) your email address so that I can contact you for your mailing address.
  2. Put this on your own blog, and send something you make to the first 3 people that respond.

10 comments:

BipolarLawyerCook said...

I would love to send you something or someone else something.

Anonymous said...

Hey - this is great! I'm in.

I actually came here to respond to the Simian thing, but this is a great idea. (BTW - I never thought of Simeon, but sadly, I saw his name on his notebook)

Girlplustwo said...

well, shucks. i'm always fourth.

S. said...

Hey, I'm not *even* fourth.

Aliki2006 said...

I know I'm not in the top three but I wanted to comment and tell you what a sweet idea this is!!

dawn224 said...

Well I still only have two as of now - come see me :)

painted maypole said...

how fun! after your recipients have received it will you tell us what it was?

;)

Julie Pippert said...

What a lovely initiative!

Julie
Using My Words

MadMad said...

That is such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Nice idea! Handmade is always best IMO - it gives a touch of something more personal. I understand that not everyone has the time to make something, that's why I like to make the cards that go with the present - at least something that shows I took the time to sit down and make it with love!

Katie @ A Byootaful Life